Snowkiting in Norway
Join the KiteBar and the Sierra Snowkite Center for a trip of a lifetime!
Come explore the vastness of beautiful Norway by kite with us. Snowkite as far as the eye can see surrounded by spectacular views of fjords and mountains in some of the best conditions our planet can offer. Learn the ins and outs of snowkiting while exploring the amazing Hardangarvidda Plateau.
This trip is for snowkiters with any level of experience, from very beginners to advanced riders. Whether you’re an experienced snowkiter, you’ve only kited on water, or even if you’ve never touched a kite, you will get terrain and instruction customized for your skill level.
We will cover all aspects of snowkiting including basics, backcountry travel, racing techniques, and freestyle.
Coaching will be provided by professional snowkiters Eugenia Gueorguieva (world champion in snowkite racing and speed) and Tyler Brown (US champion in snowkite racing and freestyle) and will be tailored towards each kiter’s individual skills and needs.
We will explore by kite a variety of terrain in the best locations in Norway including the vast Hardangarvidda Plateau, lift-access terrain, as well as kiting above the Fjords.
- All transportation within Norway, including airport pickup and drop off (provided you arrive on March 30 and depart on April 7 with the group), between hotel and kite sites, and for sightseeing.
- 8 nights of lodging and home cooked meals at a unique hotel in the middle of snowkiting heaven. Meals include traditional buffet style breakfast and dinner, and brown bag lunch
- All coaching throughout the trip with one-on-one instruction, suited to your skill level.
- Sightseeing – of course, this is a snowkiting trip. We’ll watch the forecast and will take every advantage of the wind but if it shapes to be a non-kiting day, we have many options – skiing at a local resort (with the kites in our backpacks, in case it’s windy up top), a picturesque day trip to Bergen and the Fjords
- Airfare to/from Norway is not included in the trip price. Please do not book your plane ticket before confirming with us. We will suggest a flight that is the best option when traveling from the Bay Area. Call us at (415) 336-1554 or email us at email@example.com and we will provide the details.
- We will have some kites for demos but you should not rely on using those on a daily basis to kite with. Please bring your own kites, skis/snowboard, harness, helmet, etc. If you do not have your own gear, let us know and we can help.
- Be sure to check the visa requirements for your country of citizenship. For US Citizens, tourist visa is not required for stays under 90 days. You do need to make sure that your passport is valid for at least 3 months after the date of departure from Norway (April 7).
- A deposit of $500 is required to secure your spot.
Call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Trip is limited to a group of 8 people.