Kitesurfing in Kenya
Join us for a trip of a lifetime to Watamu, Kenya!
This world-class kiteboarding destination offers constant trade winds, miles of wide, powder white sandy beaches protected by natural reefs, waves on the reef and flat water on the inside, it’s great for beginners and advanced riders who want to practice freestyle or wave riding.
Portions of the proceeds will support the Watamu Marine Association.
Sign up here: Kenya Kite Trip Registration Form
When and Where
The dates of the kitesurfing trip are March 17 – 23, 2019. We will be staying in Watamu at a beautiful Beach Villa located in a lush mangrove about 15 minutes from the kitesurfing spot.
You will be staying at a gorgeous villa located minutes from the beach. The villa is beautifully decorated, has spacious common areas a lush garden.
$1,500 per person for a shared room (double occupancy)
$2,100 for a private room (single occupancy).
Trip prices are in USD, per person, and include:
- Ground transportation from/to Malindi Airport
- Lodging for 6 nights/7 days
- All food and drinks
- Tons of activities on non-wind days such as plant safari, standup paddle boarding, mangrove tour, day-trip to the Gedi ruins, etc.
Payment in full is required by February 15, 2019 to secure your spot.
Kitesurfing lessons and rentals
Kitesurfing lessons and gear rental prices are in addition to the trip price and must be booked in advance to guarantee availability.
Kitesurfing Gear Rental:
- Full gear rental for 5 days package – $320
- Full gear rental – $35 per hour; $70 per day
- 3-day beginner course – $330. This course includes 9 hours of instruction and is designed to take you from basic kite flying and safety to board start and prolonged riding. All equipment is included.
- Private coaching. If you’ve already tried kitesurfing but want to improve your skills, your coach will tailor this course based on your individual skills and goals. Private lessons are $65 per hour, 2-1 lessons are $45 per hour. All lessons include equipment.
Fly into Nairobi and then a short domestic flight to Malindi. Lodging and beaches are a 20-minute drive from Malindi Airport.
Please note that airfare is not included in the trip price and you are responsible for booking your own flights. We will arrange for transportation from Malindi Airport to the Villa.
Visa is required and can be obtained upon arrival for US and EU citizens or online. You need a passport valid for at least 6 months after the trip dates with two blank pages.
Please follow the links below for recommendations on vaccinations and travel health information.
A world heritage site, Watamu has so much to offer both on water and on land. A partial list of things to do in the area is below. Please note that there is an additional fee for some of these activities.
- SUP with dolphins and Mangrove Tour
- Plant Safari
- Visit the Gedi ruins
- Safari* – day trip to Tsavo East National Park
- Safari* – 4-5 days of safari after March 23 in Maasai Mara (advance booking required)
If you are interested in any of these activities, please email email@example.com.
Register here: Kenya Kite Trip Registration Form