Join us for a trip of a lifetime to Watamu, Kenya! This world-class kiteboarding destination offers constant trade winds, miles of wide, powder white sandy beaches protected by natural reefs, waves on the reef and flat water on the inside, it’s great for beginners and advanced riders who want to practice freestyle or wave riding. Sign up here: Kenya Kite Trip Registration Form
Portions of the proceeds will support the Watamu Marine Association.
When and Where
The dates of the kitesurfing trip are March 17 – 23, 2019. We will be staying in Watamu at the Beach Villa.
You will be staying at a gorgeous villa located minutes from the beach. The villa is beautifully decorated, has 6 rooms, lush garden, and spacious common areas.
Please note that accommodation and pricing are based on double occupancy.
$2,000 per person based on double occupancy.
Trip prices are in USD, per person, and include:
- Ground transportation from/to Malindi Airport
- Lodging for 6 nights/7 days including all food and drinks
A deposit of 50% ($1,000) is required by January 31. 2019 to secure your spot. Paypal to email@example.com or Venmo to @EugeniaG. The remaining 50% is due by February 28, 2019.
Kitesurfing lessons and rentals
Kitesurfing lessons and gear rental prices are in addition to the trip price and must be booked in advance to guarantee availability.
Kitesurfing Gear Rental:
- Full gear rental for 5 days package – $320
- Full gear rental – $35 per hour; $70 per day
- 3-day beginner course – $330. This course includes 9 hours of instruction and is designed to take you from basic kite flying and safety to board start and prolonged riding. All equipment is included.
- Private coaching. If you’ve already tried kitesurfing but want to improve your skills, your coach will tailor this course based on your individual skills and goals. Private lessons are $65 per hour, 2-1 lessons are $45 per hour. All lessons include equipment.
Fly into Nairobi and then a short domestic flight to Malindi. Lodging and beaches are a 20-minute drive from Malindi Airport.
Please note that airfare is not included in the trip price and you are responsible for booking your own flights. We will arrange for transportation from Malindi Airport to the Villa.
Visa is required and can be obtained upon arrival for US and EU citizens or online. You need a passport valid for at least 6 months after the trip dates with two blank pages.
Please follow the links below for recommendations on vaccinations and travel health information.
A world heritage site, Watamu has so much to offer both on water and on land. A partial list of things to do in the area is below. Please note that there is an additional fee for these activities.
- SUP with dolphins and Mangrove Tour
- Plant Safari
- Visit the Gedi ruins
- Safari – day trip to Tsavo East National Park
- Safari – 4-5 days of safari after March 23 in Maasai Mara (advance booking required)
If you are interested in any of these activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register here: Kenya Kite Trip Registration Form